Focusing on the Leadership Development Programme, you will be a part of the team that helps to support volunteers on their leadership journey. You will be inspiring and enthusing volunteers about the new programme and helping the Region deliver the ‘Rewarding Volunteer Experiences’ area of the strategy.
Why we love this role:
We are passionate about supporting volunteers on their leadership journey with Girlguiding and this role is fundamental to making that happen. You will help the Region team to ensure that information and support is provided to Counties and Islands, commissioners, leader in training coordinator and mentors so that they in turn can support our leaders in training.
Some of what you’ll do:
As a member of the Learning and Development team, you will help the Region deliver the ‘Rewarding Volunteer Experiences’ area of the strategy, reporting to the Chair of the Learning and Development sub-committee.
More specifically, this means you will:
● Attend 3 Learning and Development sub-committee meetings a year
● Help run and support the 3 Region wide leader in training mentor support meetings
● Gather ideas, views and suggestions from those involved in implementing the Leadership Development Programme to understand what support they need and come up with solutions
● To respond to queries and questions about the Leadership Development Programme from County and Island volunteer roles
● To work with the Chair of the Learning and Development sub-committee and play an active role in supporting the County/Island advisor network relevant to the Leadership Development Programme.
Download the full role description here.
If you are interested, please complete the Expression of Interest form and return to Julie at