We have an exciting vacancy on our Volunteer MGR team, focusing on adult members.
Why we love this role
We are passionate about growing our membership in Girlguiding South West England and being able to offer more fantastic opportunities for girls to join us. In order to do this, we need to recruit more adult volunteers and provide support to our existing fantastic volunteers. This role will play a key part in developing projects that will help with recruitment of volunteers, welcoming new adult members and ensuring they have the support in place for their volunteering journeys.
Some of what you’ll do
As the Region MGR volunteer for adult members, you will work with the Chief commissioners and Lead Volunteer for MGR as part of a Region MGR team, linking in with other relevant committees to ensure that the Inclusive & Impactful and Rewarding volunteer experience elements of the Region Strategy are achieved.
More specifically, this means you will:
- Support and plan recruitment initiatives to encourage more adult members to join us as a volunteer
- Work to develop our region warm welcome for new volunteers and support counties & islands with this to ensure that we are welcoming and inclusive to all volunteers
- Work with the volunteer experience team to find ways to support and value volunteers
- Promote initiatives to encourage flexible ways of volunteering
- Support County and Island teams to develop ideas for volunteer recruitment and retention and ensure that growth is a key priority for local teams
- Work as a part of a region MGR team with a network of county advisors
- Support the region team at events where adult recruitment or retention is a key element
Download the full role description here.
Complete the Expression of Interest Form and send to Julie at